We are seeking a receptionist with flexible availability Monday to Saturday for our small animal practice. We are proud to provide our patients with digital radiography, ultrasound, comprehensive in-house laboratory, an on-site trainer and groomer, dental unit with radiography, complete surgical suite, and 6 Veterinarians.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Greeting clients and answering phones for appointment booking, patient admittance, food and medication orders, and general inquiries
• Invoicing, record preparation and filing
• Processing insurance claims
What we have to offer:
• Competitive wages based on skill level and experience
• Yearly continuing education and uniform allowance
• Medical Benefits
• Discounted pet services and products
Registered Veterinary Technician
We are seeking a full-time Registered Veterinary Technician, and member in good standing of the OAVT, with flexible availability Monday to Saturday. We are a small animal practice; also offering care for reptiles, avians, and pocket pets. We are proud to provide our patients with digital radiography, ultrasound, comprehensive in-house laboratory, an on-site trainer and groomer, dental unit with radiography, complete surgical suite, and 6 Veterinarians.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Complete anesthetic procedures, including administration, monitoring and recovery
- Comprehensive dental cleaning, including digital radiography and charting
- Lab sample collection, analysis, and interpretation
- Patient care, dispensing medication, nutritional consultation, and client education
- Answering phones, booking appointments, billing, and file management
- Maintaining detailed medical records and clinic logs
What we have to offer:
- Competitive wages based on skill level and experience
- Paid yearly OAVT dues
- Yearly continuing education and uniform allowance
- Medical Benefits
- Discounted pet services and products
Animal Care Aide
We are looking to fill a part-time student position, with the possibility for growth in the future. Primary duties include maintaining a clean hospital and handling animals. Cleaning is a large part of this job and needs to meet our high hospital standards. You will be working both independently, and as part of a team, with a need for strong time management skills and detailed record keeping.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to
- Hospital clean up including safely disposing of sharps, collecting equipment for proper cleaning and sterilization, and cleaning surfaces according to aseptic technique.
- Daily clinic cleaning, which includes, but is not limited, to vacuuming and mopping all areas of the clinic, cleaning shared bathroom facilities, cleaning counters and tables, and stocking clinic supplies.
- Laundry duties, including collecting soiled items, running wash and dry cycles, folding laundry, and replenishing laundry supplies throughout the clinic.
- Restraining animals in a safe and compassionate manner, ensuring the safety of the patient, colleagues and self; using restraint equipment, such as muzzles, towels, gloves as appropriate for animal behaviour.
- Oversee comfort of patients by ensuring clean bedding and kennel/cage, providing food and water, using appropriate animal care behaviours/techniques
- Walking, feeding, medicating, cleaning up after, and providing suitable accommodations to pets being boarded in the facility.
- Answering phones to admit patients, answer general inquiries, and booking appointments, completing payment for treatments and services, and assisting clients to exam rooms.
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration, while multi-tasking in a fast-paced medical environment.
- Demonstrate client service experience, including providing excellent and friendly patient care and meeting client’s needs
- Availability to work afternoons and weekends, with day shifts as well outside of school year.
Please forward resumes to email@example.com