We are pleased to offer Ultrasound services, by referral, to assist our Fellow Veterinary Clinics. In addition to abdominal, cardiac, ophthalmic, and single organ ultrasound; we offer musculoskeletal ultrasounds. Ultrasound is a helpful tool to build a “3D image” and complete the puzzle of your pet’s illness or condition.
To book an ultrasound: please have your Veterinarian complete our referral form and email it to us. Once we have received the form, we will contact you to book the ultrasound.
Things to know
- your pet MUST be fasted for 8 hours before the appointment (water is okay)
- The ultrasound site will be shaved and ultrasound gel will be applied. Some residue may remain when your pet goes home.
- A full bladder is needed for bladder/kidney ultrasounds. It may be difficult for your pet to hold their bladder and we may need them to stay for their bladder to fill.
- Your Veterinarian will need to prescribe an oral sedation to be given 12 hours and 3 hours before the appointment.
- In some cases, Injectable sedation may be necessary to complete the ultrasound. Additional charges will apply and the pet will need to stay to be monitored after sedation.
- Ultrasounds typically take 30 to 60 minutes and we ask that you wait in the parking lot for your pet. If they need to stay for sedation, or to let their bladder fill, a discharge time will be arranged.
- Upon completion of the ultrasound, Dr. Grant will write a report and forward it to your Veterinarian for review. *Please note: Dr. Grant will not be discussing results with the client.*